It feels so good to be back in the clinic! Many of you have told me you feel so much better already- acupuncture is wonderful that way; even with a break in treatment we can often get you back on track fairly quickly.
Several patients who live alone have been especially grateful for the opportunity to share a peaceful space with others. These past months have been very lonely for a lot of people, and I’m so glad to be able to provide a controlled environment where we can ease back into community life. To make sure the clinic is as safe as possible, please review the following information carefully before scheduling your return visit.
- Patients with symptoms of acute illness are not permitted to enter the clinic. EDCA does not provide acute or emergency care. Please rest at home if you have any signs of illness, or if members of your household are sick.
- Masks are now required in the clinic. I will be wearing a mask to protect you, and all patients will be required to wear masks to protect each other. Please bring your own mask from home. If you do not have a mask, I have a limited number of surgical masks available for $2 each.
- Appointments are now required. To manage clinic flow and allow space for everyone, I will no longer be allowing walk-ins. In addition, please do not bring children or other people with you to your appointment; the clinic is reserved for scheduled patients only. Exceptions will be made for direct caregivers who are needed to assist you.
- Talking will be minimized in the clinic. Patients are now required to note the reasons for their visit when making their appointment, and I will customize your treatment accordingly. Talking in the clinic is discouraged, both because it’s hard to hear you with a mask on and because it will reduce the spread of germs.
- Treatment length will be limited to 45 minutes. To ensure space for everyone, I will remove needles after 45 minutes. You can let me know if you would like a shorter treatment.
- Patients must sanitize or wash their hands thoroughly on arrival. I have plenty of sanitizer located throughout the clinic, and an extra sink outside the bathroom if you prefer to wash with soap and water.
- Chair and table coverings will be changed after every patient. This means lots of laundry for me! To reduce the laundry burden, I will be discouraging the use of extra blankets and pillows; if you tend to be cold, please bring your own small blanket, scarf or shawl.
- Chairs have been spaced 9 feet apart, and no more than 6 patients will be in the clinic at one time. I am currently booking five patients per hour. With nine foot spacing, I only have six spots- this means there may not be much choice of where to rest. Thank you for your understanding; if you have very specific comfort requirements I recommend booking at the beginning of the shift so you will have your pick of spots. I also have pillows and can help you get comfortable wherever you end up.
- Touch-free payment options are available. When scheduling your appointment, you will indicate whether you intend to pay in the drop box, with a pre-paid card, or by PayPal. If you choose to pay on site, you may drop cash or checks (ideally pre-written) directly in the box. (No more envelopes!) The credit card machine is still available, and you are free to run a card or you can ask me to run it for you. If you have a pre-paid card, I will mark it for you, and I will email you when you have one visit remaining. If you choose PayPal, I will email you an invoice to pay online on the day of your treatment.
- During busy times, patients may exit through the back. If there are people in the entry and payment areas when you are ready to leave, you may exit through the back door. Patients using walkers or wheelchairs will still exit through the front, since there is a small step out the back.
- Clinic cleanliness will be a top priority. All clinic surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly, and I have multiple HEPA air filters running at all times to ensure good ventilation.
- The suggested donation is now $25 – $50 per visit. Due to reduced capacity and increased costs, I am requesting those who are able to do so to pay on a sliding scale starting at $25. If you can’t afford $25, please come anyway and pay what you can. Really.
- I will be enforcing a 12-hour cancellation policy. Since I am no longer taking walk-ins, I need to charge for missed appointments. You will be able to cancel online until 12 hours prior to the appointment. Appointments canceled with less than 12 hours’ notice or missed without notice will be billed $25.
Well, I think that covers it! Please contact me with any questions or concerns by email to email@example.com.
And finally, I want to send out another HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who sent donations and bought pre-paid cards during the closure. Your generosity kept the clinic afloat and is so, so appreciated.
I hope to see you soon!